Jay Leno Being Treated for “Serious Burns” Following Gasoline Fire
Jay Leno was hospitalized Sunday with severe burns to his face after one of his cars erupted into flames inside his garage.
Jay Leno was hospitalized Sunday with severe burns to his face after one of his cars erupted into flames inside his Los Angeles garage, according to TMZ. Sources told the publication that flames burned the left side of Leno’s face but “did not penetrate his eye or his ear.”
In addition to a long career in late-night TV, Leno is famous for being a car fanatic.
He confirmed his injuries to Variety in a statement that read, “I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire. I am ok. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet.”
As of Monday, he is said to be in stable condition. People magazine first reported that the former “The Tonight Show” host was having a “serious health emergency,” which made him miss an appearance at a financial conference in Las Vegas on Sunday night.