Jay Leno Released From Hospital, Expected To Make Full Recovery
Jay Leno has checked out of the hospital after he suffered burns to his face, chest, and hands from a gasoline fire in his car garage.
Jay Leno has checked out of the Grossman Burn Center, saying he is “thankful” for the facility’s medical staff after he was treated for burns suffered to his face, chest, and hands from a gasoline fire in his car garage on November 12.
The Los Angeles hospital shared a photo of the 72-year-old standing and smiling with nurses. Scarring from the gasoline fire can be seen on the comedian's face. Leno stayed at the hospital for more than a week and will be back home just in time for Thanksgiving.
Dr. Peter Grossman, a burn specialist and medical director at the Grossman Burn Center, says he is “pleased” with the former “Tonight Show” host's progress and “optimistic that he will make a full recovery.”